Focus and Mission
- Educating others about fitness and nutrition since 2008 through classes, presentations, coaching, and personal example.
- Addressing the root causes of health issues rather than focusing on symptoms.
- Using the power of nutrition to correct imbalances and aid the body in healing itself.
Specialties and Skills
- Digestive Distress
- Weight Management
- Skin Issues
- Mood Disorders
- Diabetes/Insulin Resistance
- Pain and Inflammation
- Presentations and Talks
True health care is focused on building health by restoring proper physiological functioning of the body. Symptoms should not be suppressed, but rather recognized as the body’s attempt to notify us that imbalance is present. It is necessary to determine the root causes of the symptoms, and correct these causes with nutrition-based protocols, in order for the body to be able to heal itself. True health requires active commitment from the person seeking it. We are given one body, and it is our personal responsibility to properly nourish it.
Education and Training
In order to stay on top of cutting-edge research and discoveries, continuous education is essential in the field of functional health care. As science continues its attempts to understand the human body and what leads to disease, it is necessary to stay up-to-date by following leading practitioners and taking advantage of seminars and trainings on an ongoing basis. Even as I right this, I am enrolled in several courses, but below are several of the more foundational courses I have completed.
Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner (FDN-P) – Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® (FDN) is a holistic discipline that employs functional laboratory assessments to identify malfunctions and underlying conditions at the root of most common health complaints. FDN embraces metabolic individuality and provides a systematic approach that allows you to achieve consistent, repeatable, and successful clinical outcomes.
- A science-based system of functional lab work that identifies healing opportunities.
- Use of extensive intake forms, client history, and lab results to design a program for clients to build and maintain health.
- A multi-faceted, customized lifestyle and behavioral coaching program.
- The goal of FDN is to build health and enhance performance, placing particular focus on the hormone, immune, digestion, detoxification, energy production and nervous systems.
Certified Transformational Nutrition Coach (CTNC) – Transformational Nutrition is a method that combines science, psychology, and spirituality to allow us to eat consciously, cleanse our bodies and our minds, and liberate ourselves from our struggle with food so we can live authentically, gracefully, and free.
- In-depth training in nutrition concepts, including biochemistry, anatomy and physiology, nutrient synergies, life stage health, and various health conditions.
- Consideration of bioindividuality when helping clients achieve the perfect diet in every stage and phase of their lives.
- Eligible to sit for the NANP exam to become Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition once 500 contact hours are obtained.
Insulin Resistance Solution Coach-in-training (IRSC) – Training through the Institute of Nutritional Endocrinology that focuses how insulin resistance is often an underlying root cause of common health complaints and how to address it.
- Guidance in how to detect and correct early insulin resistance before it becomes dangerous.
- Providing clients with strategies, tools, and resources they can use to restore their blood sugar regulation mechanisms.
- Focus on proper testing, optimizing nutrition, and the importance of stress management, sleep, and exercise in addressing insulin resistance.
Quantum Energetic Structured Therapist (QEST) – Quantum Energetics Structured Therapy™ (QEST™) is a highly organized system of energy work that triggers the body’s natural healing ability. This powerful energy medicine holds unique keys that enable the QEST™ practitioner to gently do specific “hands on” work with the body’s energetic forces to stimulate lasting healing, pain relief, immune response, increased energy, and well-being.
- Two-year training program, including anatomy and physiology and the application of that science to the theory and hands-on practice of the work.
- Focus on underlying causes and inter-relationships, rather than on isolated symptoms, for better results.
NES Health Practitioner – Bioenergetic program utilizing health assessment software that identifies energetic field distortions and blockages in your body and on your meridians that may contribute to physical and emotional problems.
- Integration of Chinese medicine, modern biology, anatomy, and quantum physics.
- Focus on the regulating field of energy and information that operates in the physical body below the cellular level.
- Works to clear energy blockages on the body’s meridians so the body’s inherent healing ability is returned to an optimum state.
Certified Personal Fitness Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor (CPFT) – AFAA’s fitness certifications focus on not only helping people use exercise to improve their health, but helping them change behaviors that chance their lives.
- Extensive training in the human body and exercise physiology.
- Major focus on behavior modification.
- Fitness screening, health assessment, and injury prevention.
WholyFit Kryptonite Certified – Professional fitness certification training that combines the fundamentals of fitness theory, teaching methodology, exercise safety and technique.
- All WholyFit programs are multi-level and self-paced, and therefore appropriate for all fitness levels.
- Training in Christian Alternative to Yoga, as well as other fitness programs appropriate for church settings.